Free shipping on orders over $50. No sales tax!
This product has not yet been reviewed.
*** From April 1, 2013 to June 30, 2013 you can print and mail in the following voucher to receive over $70 of free Illy iperEspresso capsules with the purchase of this machine. ***
The FrancisFrancis! X1 for IperEspresso is the embodiment of a premium single-serve espresso machine and innovative design. Created to brew Illy iperEspresso capsules, this version of the famous X1 line delivers flavorful, aromatic espresso topped with long lasting crema.
The X1’s form is equally as impressive as its function. This machine features the iconic Luca Trazzi design that has made countless FrancisFrancis! models popular worldwide. It has an all-metal housing unit, available in your choice of black, red and stainless steel. Consider the FrancisFrancis! X1 for iperEspresso if you’re looking for an attractive single-serve machine that can deliver world-class drinks.
This machine works exclusively with Illy iperEspresso capsules. Each capsule contains 7 grams of pre-ground and tamped Illy espresso. The X1 for iperEspresso uses a two-stage extraction process that pre-infuses the coffee prior to brewing to deliver flavorful and aromatic espresso. This extraction method is also credited with creating a lasting crema, which can linger for upwards of 15 minutes.
The X1 for iperEspresso has a 15-bar pump for fast and efficient operation. It is equipped with a brass boiler for superior heat retention. Precise coffee and steam temperature controls let you create great tasting drinks and rich froth. Preparing custom espresso is easy, thanks to a programmable coffee volume option.
The FrancisFrancis! X1 for iperEspresso comes equipped with a steam wand to let you create lattes and cappuccinos. It has an automatic boiler refill function to ensure steady and continuous steam.
This single-serve espresso machine comes with a large 33.8-ounce removable water reservoir. Located on the top of the machine, the cup warmer has a stainless steel rail to allow you to safely store and heat up your cups.
The X1 for iperEspresso is available in your choice of an all-metal black, red or stainless steel exterior. This model has been designed by the celebrated architect Luca Trazzi and features a distinctive silhouette that has been described as “retro futuristic” by Wired magazine. It measures 12.6"H x 10.6"W x 10.4"D and weighs 19.8 pounds.
Francis Francis X7 Iper Espresso Review:
Things I like:
1) The "Look" : The machine has a very cool Retro look to it with lots of curvy lines that will catch any ones eyes.
2) Set-up: I love how easy it is to set up this machine. You fill the water reservoir, plug the machine in; it primes itself and starts to heat. You are ready to brew when the machine chimes and the display goes from orange to a pleasing blue color.
3) Easy brewing with minimal clean up: To brew, you simply place an Iper Illy Capsule into the porta filter, lock it into the brew group, push a brew button, and you are brewing. Clean up after brewing requires removing the porta filter, throwing the used capsule away, and wiping the counter.
4) Steaming volume: The Francis Francis provides almost continuous steam for easy steaming and frothing of milk for your lattes or cappuccinos.
5) Porta Filter construction: The porta filter is easy to lock into the brewgroup, made from heavyduty brass (to prevent heat loss when brewing ), and is chrome-plated.
Things I do not like:
1) The cup warmer design: The cup warmer does not hold many cups and is tilted towards the back, which makeit a bit difficult to keep cups from sliding to the back the machine
2) Brewing noise: The pump also is a bit loud (not enough to wake a household in the morning) however, this could be because I am brewing on a very hard surface.
Overall the Francis Francis X7 Iper Espresso machine is a good home use espresso machine. I would also say it could be used in a small office setting (of less than 5 people) who like Illy coffee and the easy use single serve espresso pods.
|Dimension - Width (Inches)||10.6|
|Dimension - Height (Inches)||12.6|
|Dimension - Depth (Inches)||10.4|
|Housing Materials||ABS Plastic|
|Drip Tray Material||Plastic|
|Drip Tray Cover Material||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Capacity (Oz)||16|
|Drain Line Adaptable||No|
|Power Cord Length (Inches)||48|
|One Touch cappuccino|
|One Touch Cappuccino Or Milk Carafe||No|
|Steam Wand Style||Commercial Style|
|Usable Length (Inches)||4.25|
|Height Off Counter (Inches)||4.25|
|No Burn Wand||Yes|
|Reservoir Or Plumbed||Reservoir|
|Reservoir Capacity (Oz)||34|
|Water Level Visible||Yes|
|Stand Alone Frother|
|Type Of Controls||Push Button|
|Display Type||Indicator Lights|
|Cup Volume Control||Yes|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Commercial Filter Baskets Included||Yes|
|Pressurized Filter Baskets Included||No|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Capsule / Pod Friendly||Capsule|
|Number Of Boilers||1|
|Brew And Steam Simultaneously||No|
|Brew Boiler Data|
|Brew Boiler Type||Small Volume|
|Brew Boiler Watts||1100|
|Brew Boiler Material||Brass|
|Brew Boiler Orientation||Vertical|
|Brew Boiler Heater Location||Internal|
|Brew Boiler Auto Fill||Yes|
|Maximum Pressure (Bar)||15|
|Self Priming Pump||Yes|
|Initial Heat Up (Seconds)||90|
|Descaler Used||Urnex Cleancaf|
|Country Of Manufacture||Italy|
|Recommended Applications||Home Use|
|Repairs By||Whole Latte Love|
Selected Items (0) view
Amount Saved When Purchased Together: $0.00
Value of Add-on Products: $0.00
Value of Add-on Products + Featured Item: $0.00