OverviewBack to Top
The Grimac Royal Falcon La Valentina semi-automatic is a sleek machine that packs a commercial punch. A classic “prosumer” machine, it has a copper heat exchanger boiler that allows you to brew and steam at the same time. In addition, the La Valentina is one of very few in its class able to boast nickel-plated copper internal tubing. Grimac also included a Sirai commercial pressure stat to regulate temperature and pressure, providing the same consistency and shot quality that you will find in the most selective coffee houses. A ball joint mounted steam wand provides maximum frothing flexibility, and a separate hot water wand makes it easy to prepare tea and americanos. Listed for UL and ETL, this machine is perfect for a small café or other light commercial use, not only for its pure power, but also for its unique design. Housed entirely in stainless steel, the side panels of the La Valentina slightly angle inward at the top, creating smooth lines that appeal to the eye and make this a truly individual machine. Please note that to accommodate a commercial application, the machine does come with adjustable taller legs that can bring the height of the machine up to 17.75 inches. However, these legs can be easily removed for home use. It also has a plastic covering over the on/off switch to prevent steam from getting into its circuitry. This covering is not removable. The La Valentina comes with 2 portafilters (1 single spout and 1 double spout), as well as single and double shot filter baskets, a stainless steel coffee scoop, plastic tamper, group brush, and stainless steel backflush disc. A replacement water nozzle, shower screen, and diffuser plate are also included.
Please Note: Regulations for commercial use vary between states. Be aware of your local requirements. Machines carrying an NSF approval are labeled as such. Please visit our policies page for warranty information.
FeaturesBack to Top
If you’re looking for a commercial-grade espresso machine, but don’t require constant use throughout the day, the La Valentina semi-automatic is a great fit. Ideal for offices, small cafés, and specialty shops, the La Valentina is durable enough to handle light to moderate commercial use. Its omni-directional steam wand allows for versatile milk frothing, and its E61 brew group provides consistent temperature throughout the brewing process. Designed with a chic exterior and heavy-duty interior components, the La Valentina semi-automatic espresso machine makes a wonderful addition to any food service or retail environment.
The La Valentina semi-automatic espresso machine will take some light training to operate, but its controls are relatively simple. Flip the espresso, steam, or hot water rocker switches on the front of the machine on and off to easily control the machine’s functions, and the adjustable pressurestat comes preset for optimal brewing temperatures. Ideal grinding, tamping, timing, and frothing practices come with experience and time, but once learned, the results are worth it. For in-depth information about the brewing and steaming process, please refer to the following articles:
- The nickel-plated heat exchanger boiler in the La Valentina allows you to brew and steam at the same time, reducing heat loss for beverages and increasing output.
- Boiler Capacity: 1.3-liters
- The La Valentina’s E61 chrome-plated brass grouphead provides unmatched temperature stability for the highest quality espresso.
- This semi-automatic espresso machine can be modified with a plumbing kit to connect directly to a water line, so you never need to manually refill the reservoir.
- This machine features a large brewing area that can accommodate extra wide cups and mugs up to 4” tall.
- Easy to use controls on this semi-automatic machine allow you to dispense espresso or hot water for americanos, hot chocolate, or tea.
- NSF and UL approvals ensure compliance with health regulations.
- For simple brewing without grinding and tamping, the La Valentina is ESE pod compatible and comes with a pod adapter.
- 16.3"H x 10.5"W x 17.5"D
E61 Brew Group
For ideal temperature stability throughout the brewing process, the La Valentina features an E61 brew group. This allows for hot water to continuously flow between the group head and the heat exchanger boiler, providing more stable temperatures inside the heavy, chrome-plated brass grouphead. Since all of the brewing components are constantly heated by water from the boiler, every shot of espresso is dispensed with minimal heat loss.
To customize the boiler temperature to extract the best flavor from your coffee, you can use the Sirai pressurestat, located underneath the cup warmer. Preset from the factory between 1.1/1.2 bar, this professional-grade pressurestat allows you to fine-tune brew temperatures as much as you want. With just a small turn of the pressurestat control, you can increase or decrease the pressure in your heat exchanger boiler, thus directly increasing or decreasing your brew temperature.
Versatile Steam Wand
Because of the heavy-duty heat exchanger boiler, there’s no need to wait between brewing and steaming. The La Valentina’s omni-directional steam wand allows you to steam and froth milk before, during or right after your brewing cycle, plus, it’s ball-jointed design lets you accommodate milk pitchers of all different sizes. For best results, use the steam wand for cappuccinos or lattes first, then brew espresso second for consistent temperatures under continuous use.
Large Cup Warmer
After maintaining an ideal temperature throughout the brewing process, you don’t want to lose heat by pouring espresso into a cold cup. The La Valentina features a stainless steel cup warmer on the top of the machine that can hold up to 8 espresso cups.
- Like all commercial espresso machines, you should always empty and rinse each portafilter after every use. It’s also a good idea to run water through each grouphead after the brewing cycle has completed to prevent coffee residue from building up around the brewing components.
- At the end of each day, the La Valentina should be backflushed with cleaning solution to remove buildup from the grouphead. Backflushing is a fast and easy way to keep your espresso machine functioning properly and producing at its best. For backflushing instructions, please follow the link below.
- Along with daily brew group maintenance, it is recommended that you clean each frothing wand after each use to maintain functionality and to prevent potential health issues. Simply use a damp towel to wipe away milk residue from the outside of the steam wand, and then point it at the drip tray and open the steam valve to allow clean steam to flow through.
- It is also recommended that the drip tray grill be removed nightly and cleaned thoroughly.
- As part of a weekly cleaning routine, it is recommended that you soak the portafilters, filter baskets and shower screens in a solution of backflush detergent and hot water. Soaking your brewing components for about 10 minutes throughout the week will ensure your machine continues to perform at its best.
Parts to Keep on Hand
There are some extra parts that you may want to have available, as they do need to be replaced from time to time. Parts that can wear under constant use are filter baskets, shower screens and group gaskets, so it’s a good idea to check them regularly and replace them when needed.
Since this Grimac Royal Falcon espresso machine comes standard with a 3-liter removable water tank and a standard 110/120v electrical plug, there is no professional installation required. However, if you choose to include the optional plumbing kit, this machine will require a professional installation, which we can arrange for you at the time of purchase. Prior to installation, you will need to submit the plumbing requirements to a general contractor or plumber as well as your code enforcement officer to ensure the compliance of your facility with the needs of this machine.
- 110 volts
- 1300 watts
- Circuit Breaker Requirements
- 20 Amp
SpecsBack to Top
|Manufacturer||Grimac Royal Falcon|
|Dimension - Width (Inches)||10.5|
|Dimension - Height (Inches)||16.3|
|Dimension - Depth (Inches)||17.5|
|Housing Materials||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Material||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Cover Material||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Capacity (Oz)||45|
|Steam Wand Style||Commercial Style|
|Usable Length (Inches)||7.75|
|Height Off Counter (Inches)||5.5|
|Number Of Holes||2|
|Optional Steam Tips Or Wands||No|
|Reservoir Or Plumbed||Both|
|Reservoir Capacity (Oz)||95|
|Type Of Controls||Rocker|
|Low Water Warning||Yes|
|Size (Inches)||7.5 x 8.5 x 9.75|
|Passive / Active||Passive|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Commercial Filter Baskets Included||Single & Double|
|Ground, E.S.E. Pod And Capsule Compatible||Yes|
|Bottomless Portafilter Available||Yes|
|Tamper Size (Millimeter)||58|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Capsule / Pod Friendly||Pod Kit Available|
|Back Flush Capable||Yes|
|Number Of Boilers||1|
|Brew And Steam Simultaneously||Yes|
|Brew Boiler Data|
|Brew Boiler Type||Heat Exchanger|
|Brew Boiler Watts||1200|
|Brew boiler Volume (Oz)||1.3 Liter|
|Brew Boiler Material||Chrome Plated Copper|
|Brew Boiler Orientation||Vertical|
|Brew Boiler Heater Location||Internal|
|Brew Boiler Auto Fill||Yes|
|Steam Boiler Data|
|Steam Boiler Type||One Boiler for the Brew and Steam|
|Maximum Pressure (Bar)||17 bar|
|Brew Pressure Adjustability||Yes|
|Self Priming Pump||8 to 9 Bar|
|Initial Heat Up (Seconds)||420|
|Recommended Heat Up Time (Seconds)||900|
|Time To Steam 8 Oz Milk (Seconds)||10|
|Hot Water Temp 8 Oz (F)||195|
|Hot Water Time 8 Oz (Seconds)||11|
|Hot Water Recovery Time (Seconds)||0|
|Sound Level - Brewing (Db)||66|
|Sound Level - Grinding (Db)||No|
|Back Flush Cleaner Used||Cafiza|
|Country Of Manufacture||Italy|
|Recommended Applications||Home / Commercial|
|Repairs By||Whole Latte Love|