OverviewBack to Top
Izzo's Alex Duetto II semi-automatic espresso machine is for the barista that wants complete control of brewing temperature, loves to tweak and fine tune espresso making variables, and loves the style of a well-designed dual-boiler, PID-equipped, E-61 brew group machine with lever action. The Alex Duetto II is very suitable for making a mix of straight espressos and cappuccinos. It is beautifully designed machine as well and will artfully enhance your décor.
The Alex Duetto II works flawlessly as a manual fill machine but it can be easily switched to a more permanent plumbed installation. It's as simple as connecting the water line and flipping a built-in lever. Along with the flexibility offered by this duel installation setup, highlights of the Alex Duetto II’s outstanding design are:
The Alex Duetto II's duel boiler system is very well designed and simple to operate. There are 2 ON/OFF switches, one for the .8 liter brew boiler with an 800 watt heater, and one for the 1.8 liter insulated steam boiler with a 1200 watt heater. The designers of the Alex Duetto II gave thoughtful consideration to economy and performance and produced an elegant solution balancing both needs.
Performance is optimized by carefully controlling the temperature of the water preheating the brew group components, the water temperature for actual brewing, and the temperature of steam for frothing and hot water for tea and Americano’s. Temperature probes, solid state relays, safety sensors, and a rugged proportional-integral-derivative controller, (PID controller), have been combined with the duel boilers to deliver consistent quality shots time after time.
Economy is achieved by the insulation wrapping the steam boiler, the proprietary brew system pre-heating design, and the separate ON/OFF switches for each boiler. Switching off the steam boiler is a great energy saving feature if, for example, you're making espresso only and don't want to use the steaming wand, you can turn off the steam boiler saving energy and not exposing internal components to extended periods of high temperature.
The Alex Duetto II automatically maintains the water level in the boiler and if it runs low and can’t replenish itself it sounds an alarm first and then switches itself off as a safety precaution.
E-61 Brew Head- This commercial class E-61 brew group regulates temperature for brewing excellent espresso and features a thermal siphon design which stabilizes the brew group's temperature during periods of inactivity.
Lever Control- The Alex Duetto II's simple lever-controlled 3-way bypass brewing design features a pressure release valve so you'll end up with a dry coffee puck post-brew.
The Alex Duetto II's water reservoir holds up to 2.7 liters of water and has a low water sensor with alarm function. The reservoir is an open top design accessible by lifting up the cup warmer tray for refilling.
The Alex Duetto II designers chose the best materials to optimize the performance and to extend the life of each component. This means you get a robust machine with long life expectancy and ease of maintenance.
- Brass 58 mm Portafilters: Heavy chrome-plated brass portafilters provide you with excellent temperature stability and stand up to extensive use. ( one single and one double)
- Stainless Steel Body: The Alex Duetto II features a heavy-duty, polished stainless steel housing (with a removable cup warmer), and a large pull out drip tray and grate. Even the frame is stainless steel.
- Stainless Steel Steam & Hot Water Wands: The stainless steel no-burn steam wand features a 4-hole .9 mm steam tip for micro-foaming and the separate hot water wand makes pulling hot water for tea or Americanos a breeze.
- Duel Copper Boilers: The Alex Duetto II has a .8 liter copper brew boiler, and a 1.8 liter insulated copper steam boiler. The steam boiler insulation not only minimizes heating cycles but also protects other components inside the machine housing from excessive long term heat exposure.
- Rotary Pump: Extremely quiet rotary pump makes early morning espresso a smooth an almost noiseless enterprise.
- A temperature offset can be programmed via the PID controller interface for both boilers. (Makes for easy fine tuning of steam boiler pressure)
- Red indicator lights clearly marked so you can tell which boiler is receiving power
- Rubber insulating boots over heating element ends for safety
- A safety over pressure valve, (OPV), is easy to access and adjust and routes water back to drip tray, not back to the water tank
- Vacuum breaker valve that diverts steam back to water tank
- Large removable drip tray & optional drain kit included for direct plumbing
- Controls easily change from Fahrenheit to Celsius
- Easy-to-remove outer shell makes for easy service if necessary
- A Lever controlled water valve to allow switching from direct plumb to manual fill
- Stainless Steel Blank for back flushing included
Dimensions and Specifications
Width: 14 1/4”
Depth: 16 ½”
Height: 16 ½”
Steam Boiler capacity: 1.8 liter
Steam Boiler wattage: 1200
Group Boiler capacity: .8 liter
Group Boiler wattage: 800
Amperage: 15 or 20 amps
Net Weight: 72 lbs.
Write a ReviewBack to Top
SpecsBack to Top
|Model||Alex Duetto II|
|Dimension - Width (Inches)||14.25|
|Dimension - Height (Inches)||16.5|
|Dimension - Depth (Inches)||16.5|
|Housing Materials||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Material||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Cover Material||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Capacity (Oz)||40|
|Drain Line Adaptable||Yes|
|Power Cord Length (Inches)||56|
|Steam Wand Style||Commercial Style|
|Number Of Holes||2|
|No Burn Wand||Yes|
|Optional Steam Tips Or Wands||Yes|
|Reservoir Or Plumbed||Both|
|Reservoir Capacity (Oz)||78|
|Maximum Incoming Water Pressure (PSI)||50 Psi|
|Type Of Controls||Lever|
|Low Water Warning||Yes|
|Pressure Gauges||Brew and Steam|
|Brew Temperature Display||Yes|
|Size (Inches)||10 x 9|
|Passive / Active||passive|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Commercial Filter Baskets Included||Single & Double|
|Bottomless Portafilter Available||Yes|
|Tamper Size (Millimeter)||58|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Back Flush Capable||Yes|
|Number Of Boilers||2|
|Brew And Steam Simultaneously||Yes|
|Brew Boiler Data|
|Brew Boiler Type||Medium Volume|
|Brew Boiler Watts||800|
|Brew boiler Volume (Oz)||.8 Liter|
|Brew Boiler Material||Copper|
|Brew Boiler Orientation||Vertical|
|Brew Boiler Heater Location||Internal|
|Brew Boiler Auto Fill||Yes|
|Steam Boiler Data|
|Steam Boiler Type||Large Volume|
|Steam Boiler Watts||1200|
|Steam Boiler Volume (Oz)||1.8 Liter|
|Steam Boiler Material||Copper with Brass End Plates|
|Steam Boiler Orientation||Horizontal|
|Steam Boiler Heater Location||Internal|
|Steam Boiler Vacuum Relief valve||Yes|
|Steam Boiler Auto Fill||Yes|
|Maximum Pressure (Bar)||18 Bar|
|Brew Pressure Adjustability||Yes|
|Self Priming Pump||8 to 9 Bar|
|Initial Heat Up (Seconds)||420|
|Recommended Heat Up Time (Seconds)||900|
|Hot Water Recovery Time (Seconds)||0|
|Sound Level - Grinding (Db)||No|
|Back Flush Cleaner Used||Cafiza|
|Country Of Manufacture||Italy|
|Recommended Applications||Home / Commercial|
|Repairs By||Whole Latte Love|