OverviewBack to Top
Technically, the La Marzocco GS/3 is a commercial machine, ready for use in a coffee shop or kiosk – but we’re also selling it for the home. With dual stainless steel boilers for simultaneous brewing and steaming, a 118 oz water reservoir, separate stainless steel hot water and steam wands, a multifunction backlit keypad and easy to read digital display, programmable water volumes, adjustable temperature control and more, we figured that this machine was too good to hide from a retail audience. If you’re ready to blur the line between “consumer” and “professional,” or if you think the line never really existed in the first place, then you’re ready to take a closer look at the respected and reputable La Marzocco GS/3. This machine has a 2 year warranty.
FeaturesBack to Top
The La Marzocco GS/3 is known as the “lite” professional machine, with a small footprint and single portafilter. Restaurants, catering, and professional offices would benefit from the GS/3 thanks to its plumbable option, dual stainless steel boiler technology, multifunction keypad and digital display, and “cool touch” stainless steel steam wand and hot water wand.
The digital display and backlit keypads make the La Marzocco easy to operate. Read the digital programming guide for instructions on how to customize water volume, pre-infusion, coffee boiler temperature, and other options. Proper brewing and steaming techniques do take practice; however, the actual operation of the L Marzocco GS/3 is simple and straightforward. See the following articles for more information:
- Dual stainless steel boiler technology and saturated brewing groups
- Brew boiler capacity: 1.5 liters
- Steam boiler capacity: 3.5 liters
- PID temperature control (proportional integral derivative)
- “Cool Touch” stainless steel steam wand and hot water wand
- Multifunction backlit keypads with icons
- Digital 16 character display
- Separate steam wand and hot water nozzle
- Internal pump – same pump as on La Marzocco’s other commercial machines, but internal
- Brew water pre-heating system
- Stainless steel cup warmer
- Plumb in kit available for water supply or large water reservoir
- Dimensions and weight
- 14”H x 15.75”W x 21”D
- 82 lbs
- NSF and UL approvals ensure compliance with health regulations.
Steam Wand and Hot Water Nozzle
The La Marzocco has a separate steam wand and hot water nozzle. The hot water nozzle dispenses hot water set to “tea” temperature. With a separate boiler just for steaming, the steam wand works quickly and powerfully.
To allow you to control the temperature of the brewing boiler down to the degree, the GB/5 features Proportional Integrated Derivative (PID) temperature control. This technology senses temperature fluctuation in the boiler, and pulses the heating element to maintain the set temperature within a ± 0.5°C variation at all times. With PID technology, you get unbeatable temperature stability, and you can customize a brewing temperature for each type of coffee you use, for the best flavor possible from every roast.
Programming Options and Display
From left to right, the buttons (each with a unique icon) stand for single espresso, double espresso, single coffee, double coffee, programming, and tea/on/off. When in the programming menu, from left to right the buttons stand for “-”, “+”, advancing the cursor, no function in programming menu, accessing programming, and on/off. The buttons are located under the digital display screen. Programming options include water volume, clock adjust, auto on/off, coffee boiler temperature, steam boiler temperature, pre-infusion, service phone display, and cronos timing function.
Stainless Steel Cup Warmer
All of our La Marzocco commercial machines feature a heavy-duty stainless steel cup warmer with a surface that is big enough to preheat all of your cups before brewing.
- Remove the diffuser screen by unscrewing it from the machine, and soak it in a mixture of hot water and coffee maker detergent before rinsing thoroughly with cold water. This prevents coffee grounds from obstructing the diffuser screen. The filter baskets and portafilter handles should also be soaked in this solution.
- Backflush the brew group using the blind filter basket and cleaning solution. This sends water and cleaning solution backwards through the brew group, cleaning it thoroughly. For more information on backflushing, follow the link below.
- The drain box and all of its components are dishwasher safe. Remove, empty, and clean the drain box daily.
- The body of the machine can be wiped down with a damp cloth. Never use cleaning solutions, alcohol, or solvents to clean the exterior of the machine.
- The steam wand must be cleaned immediately after each use with a damp cloth and short burst of steam to prevent milk residue buildup.
- Both the steam boiler and the brew boiler can be drained monthly to prevent lime scale buildup. This can also be used to clean out any water that has bad taste or odors. Your user manual has instructions on how to complete this step.
- To prevent algae from forming in the water reservoir, clean the water reservoir periodically. Remove the water reservoir from the GS/3 and disconnect the water intake hose. Unscrew all screws from the cover to separate the parts, and wash all parts with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher.
This La Marzocco espresso machine will require a professional installation, which we can arrange for you at the time of purchase. Prior to installation, you will need to submit the following electrical and plumbing requirements to a general contractor, electrician, or plumber as well as your code enforcement officer to ensure the compliance of your facility with the needs of this espresso coffee maker. You may also want to go over this information with your electrician or contractor prior to purchase, as you will need to select your voltage and wattage preferences at the time of purchase.
- Available voltage
- 110 VAC
- Available Wattage
- 1600 watts
- Circuit Breaker Requirements
- 15 amp
- Suggested NEMA Receptacle
- 5-15 P
Write a ReviewBack to Top
SpecsBack to Top
|Dimension - Width (Inches)||16|
|Dimension - Height (Inches)||14|
|Dimension - Depth (Inches)||21|
|Reservoir Or Plumbed||Both|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Commercial Filter Baskets Included||Single & Double|
|Pressurized Filter Baskets Included||No|
|Bottomless Portafilter Available||Yes|
|Tamper Size (Millimeter)||57|
|Number Of Boilers||2|
|Brew And Steam Simultaneously||Yes|
|Brew Boiler Data|
|Brew Boiler Type||Medium Volume|
|Brew boiler Volume (Oz)||1.5 Liter|
|Steam Boiler Data|
|Steam Boiler Volume (Oz)||3.5|
|Rechargeable Water Softener||NA|
|Back Flush Cleaner Used||Cafiza|
|Country Of Manufacture||Italy|
|Recommended Applications||Home / Commercial|
|Repairs By||Whole Latte Love|