Things I like about this machine:
- Out of box set up was quick and easy: All I needed to do was unpack the brewer, fill the machine with water, push the tank heater switch to the On position, and let the machine heat.
- Fast Brewing: The Bunn BTX-B has an internal tank that holds 70 ounces of hot water. The advantage of continuously ready hot water is that it can brew a pot of coffee in under three minutes.
- Energy Efficient: If you are only brewing one pot of coffee in the morning and want to save electricity, simply push the tank heater switch to the "Off" position when you are done brewing. Then in the morning, turn the tank heater switch back to the On position and let the water in the tank heat while you are getting your coffee grounds ready for brewing.
- Commercial Quality Brewing: Bunn has taken the technology they use in their commercial brewers to brew great coffee and duplicated it in the smaller home model BTX-B coffee brewer.
- Value: At under $160, this Bunn coffee brewer offers a high quality brewer that will last for many years at a price that is very attractive.
Things I would change:
- Exterior design: Bunn should redesign this brewer to not look so dated in appearance, but instead match the modern kitchen designs of today.
- Color choices: This brewer is offered only in the black and stainless steel combination. A few new color options would be a welcome addition to the Bunn brewer line.
Overall, I find the Bunn BTX-B is ideal for home brewing and or small office settings. It is great for people that need a full pot of coffee brewed fast. When it comes to home coffee brewers, I must say Bunn is the way to go when you are looking for value, quality, and ease of use.