Grandma better stay indoors because it’s Christmas in July! For six days at Whole Latte Love we’ll be stuffing your stockings with savings. To do my part in spreading holiday cheer, I’ll be teaming up with Morgan to crank out a new recipe every day during the event. To kick things off here is a recipe for some coffee-shop style fudge!
To make coffee-shop fudge you’re going to need:
- 1 Cup of Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- 3 Cups of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 14oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Strong Brewed Coffee (At Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Once you’ve got everything together, you’ll be ready to make some mouthwatering fudge.
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper, then, grease the paper with butter and set the pan aside. If you’ve decided to use pecans, place them on a microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave the pecans, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Stop and stir the pecans once a minute until the 4 minutes are up. Set the pan of pecans aside.
- In a 2 quart microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, milk, coffee, cinnamon and salt. Something worth noting is that the cinnamon will be the strongest flavor in competition with the taste of the coffee, so feel free to cut back on, or add more cinnamon based on your tastes.