Our Second Annual Brew-BQ Contest is in full swing and this year's prize is the impressive Gaggia Brera super-automatic espresso machine in black (MSRP $849). All you have to do for a chance to win is submit an original recipe with coffee as one of the ingredients. Upload a photo of the finished product with your entry by 2 p.m. EST on July 15, 2013 and we'll put it up for a fan vote. The recipe with the most votes gets the prize!
To get you started, we've got two tempting recipes that'll whet your appetite:
- Double shot of espresso (more or less to taste)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Squirt of chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl. The rub can be made up to one week ahead of time and be safely stored in an airtight container at room temperature. This rub is perfect for steaks or hamburgers.