The Breville BDC600XL YouBrew Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker is a full featured bean-to-cup drip coffee maker that tailors the brew volume for a cup, travel mug or carafe. Wrapped in a beautiful Breville stainless-steel skin it comes with a built in 1/2lb bean hopper and a burr type coffee grinder.The intelligent brewing system enables you to capture the maximum flavor from your choice of coffee. You set the controls for the strength and flavor profile you desire. The YouBrew intelligence then takes over and measures and grinds the appropriate amount of coffee, heats the correct volume of water to a precise brewing temperature and programs the optimum steeping time.
To brew fresh-ground coffee all you need to do is fill the bean-hopper with your favorite coffee beans, fill the water reservoir with clean water, select the brew size from 7.5 oz up to 12 cups and a flavor strength setting, set you cup, travel mug or the full carafe under the spout and in moments you will be brewing the freshest drip coffee you’ve ever made. And if you want to wake up to fresh-ground brewed coffee you can set the programmable 24 hour timer to activate the BDC600XL the next morning. You can also by-pass the grinder and use pre-ground coffee, say for a visitor that wants decaffeinated coffee. Just swing out the filter basket and add grounds to the gold-tone filter, or replace the permanent filter with a paper filter for making your pre-ground choice.Features:
- Integrated burr-type coffee grinder
- 1/2lb sealed bean hopper with locking bottom for removal and bean storage
- Permanent gold-tone coffee filter
- 60oz top-fill water reservoir with "MAX" level warning indicator beep
- LCD Display with logical graphics and count-down timer
- Brew strength control with 7 settings from light to bold
- Programmable clock and Auto-Start feature
- 12-cup double-wall stainless steel thermal carafe with brew-through lid
- Brew volume variable settings from 7.5oz to 12 cups
- 7.5" clearance for tall cups and travel mugs
- Removable drip-tray for brewing directly into tall cups or travel mugs
- Materials in contact with coffee or water are BPA free
- Adjustable 'Ready' signal - high, low, mute
- Intelligent BrewIQ system delivers ground coffee and water in correct amounts
- Swing-out door with safety interlock for removing filter basket for rinsing clean
- Can also accommodate paper filters
- BrewPause feature for cycle interruption to pour a single-cup before full cycle is complete
- Automatic reminder to clean the filter and notification when de-scaling needed
- Easy to use tilted control panel & LCD display
- Cleaning brush stows in the bean hopper well
- Power: 120V 1100W
- 1 year limited manufacturer's warranty
|Dimension - Width (Inches):||9|
|Dimension - Height (Inches):||16.25|
|Dimension - Depth (Inches):||14|
|Cups Per Brew:||Range from 7.5oz to 12 cups|
|Exterior Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Stop & Serve:||Yes|
|Number Of Carafe's:||1|
|Reservoir Or Plumbed:||Reservoir|
|Adjustable Coffee Strength:||Yes|
|Type Of Controls:||Push Buttons|
|Clock / Timer:||Yes|
|Cup Volume Control:||Yes|
|Programmable Power On:||Yes|
|Auto Shut Off:||Yes|
|Gold Tone Filter Included:||Yes|
|Coffee Filter Access:||Front Swivel|
|Descaler Used:||Urnex Cleancaf|
I would like a thoughtful review of this machine and to understand if the brewing water temprature is.
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately I am unable to locate an exact brew temperature listed anywhere in the technical specifications of this machine. The most I could find was a description on the spec sheet saying that the machine heats the water while brewing for "optimal temperature." I suggest contacting Breville, they might be able to provide you with more detailed specifications of the machine. They can be contacted at 1-866-273-8455.
Does this coffee maker use a conical or flat burr grinder?
A pretty neat coffee maker that has flat burrs and people seem to really like all the features.
Can someone tell me an approximate brew temperature or highest temp? I have looked at other coffee pots that say 200ish is the perfect temperature to get all the flavors out of the coffee and the reviews seems to concur with that. Just want to know what they state for this one or if it has been tested with a thermometer.
Yes the ideal brew temperature is going to be right around 200 degrees. The Breville can do that as well as the Bonivita brewers and the Technivorm. They have all been tested at some point and we do a lot of reserch/testing internally to be able to say what coffee makers work best and the three we just talked about in my opinion are the best ones we have.
When I do a compare on the Breville 600 and the 550 the 550 gets all 5's for ratings while the 600 gets ------ Dashes whats up with that?
The dashes just means that no one has reviewed that machine yet. The BDC600XL has one review with 5 stars. If you end up with the 550, we would love for you to be the first to review it! The only difference between the two is the 600 has the thermal carafe, while the 550 has a glass carafe.
I have read a lot about how noisy the grinder on this unit is. Really, how loud is a grinder? Is it what you normally would expect where is it like a chainsaw? Thanks!
The grinder is a bit noisy. The good news is that it grinds really quick, so the noise isn't around for long!
We have been using this coffee maker in our office for a few weeks now and it isn't terribly loud when compared to other machines of the like. Overall, it is a pretty impressive unit.
How hot does it brew? A hot as the Capresso Coffee Team Plus Thermal? Hotter?
It will brew as hot as you want it to as it is designed to brew at specific temperatures. We have tested this product quite a bit and really like the coffee it produces. I think you would be very happy with this purchase.
No reviews have been written for this product.