OverviewBack to Top
FeaturesBack to Top
The GB/5 offers extensive programming that can deliver customized brewing to enhance the capabilities of the barista. With a range of options for increased ease-of-use, the GB/5 is a more practical choice for specialty restaurants and coffee shops that have a wide variety of multi-skilled users.
To operate this La Marzocco espresso machine, employees will simply need to press buttons or turn a knob, which requires limited training. However, learning the nuances of proper brewing, steaming, and frothing will necessitate more in depth training and practice regimens. Users can be directed to the following articles for detailed descriptions of the brewing and frothing processes, but hands-on training is a must for the best results.
- Featuring 2 stainless steel boilers, the GB/5 allows you to brew and steam at the same time.
- Brew boiler capacity: 5 liters
- Steam boiler capacity: 11 liters
- Also constructed of stainless steel, this La Marzocco espresso machine’s saturated brew groups provide excellent temperature stability.
- 2 manual steam wands make it possible to steam or froth milk for 2 drinks at one time.
- A digital display and PID control provide consistent temperature with less than a ± 0.5° C variation between shots and provides feedback to help you troubleshoot problems when they occur.
- Each brew group has 4 programmable brewing controls, allowing employees to multitask while they brew.
- This La Marzocco espresso machine’s brew groups and portafilters are each 57mm in diameter.
- For endless brewing and steaming without needing to refill, the GB/5 connects directly to a water line.
- A Coffee credit feature allows customers to use coffee credits as a method of purchase.
- Dimensions and weight
- 22”H x 37 ½”W x 22 ½”D
- 200 lbs
- NSF and UL approvals ensure compliance with health regulations.
The La Marzocco GB/5’s stainless steel steam wands are ball joint-mounted, so they move in any direction for easy access with large frothing pitchers and cups. The wands also have the option of being replaced with an auto-frother for even easier use.
To allow you to control the temperature of the brewing boiler down to the degree, the GB/5 features Proportional Integrated Derivative (PID) temperature control. This techology senses temperature fluxuation in the boiler, and pulses the heating element to maintain the set temperature within ½oC at all times. With PID technology, you get unbeatable temperature stability, and you can customize a brewing temperature for each type of coffee you use, for the best flavor possible from every roast.
The GB/5 automatic features 4 programmable buttons for each brew group to provide customized brewing options to perfectly match your business needs. With variable temperature and water volume amounts for single and double shots, the GB/5 can be programmed to provide fast and consistent pulls during your busiest hours. Plus, the built-in hot water dispenser features a tea button that can be programmed as well, so tea drinkers can look forward to the same consistent performance that all of your customers expect.
Saturated Brew Groups
For excellent temperature stability, each brew group in the La Marzocco GB/5 espresso coffee maker is welded onto the brewing boiler. This allows a large mass of hot water to spread from the boiler to the brew groups and maintain a stable temperature between the components.
Back Up Devices
To decrease downtime for servicing, this La Marzocco espresso machine has back-up devices that allow you to keep brewing even while a technician is testing or servicing many of the machine’s primary functions.
Stainless Steel Cup Warmer
All of our La Marzocco espresso machines feature extra-large cup warmers to ensure you'll always have plenty of preheated cups ready to brew when you are.
Accommodating any environment, the GB/5 is available in a 200v (1 or 3 phase), 220v (1 or 3 phase), or 380v (3 phase) model. You can also choose between standard wattage and high wattage elements.
- After each brewing process, the portafilter should be emptied and rinsed, along with the grouphead to prevent the build-up of coffee particles and oils on these components.
- Backflushing is procedure we recommend performing nightly on each brew group. It a quick, 30 second procedure that will maintain the cleanliness and quality of your machine. For full instructions on this procedure, please follow the link below.
- Immediately after frothing or steaming, it is recommended that you wipe down the frothing wand with a damp cloth. In addition, you should direct the wand toward the drip tray and open the steam valve to release steam and expel any milk that may be inside the frothing tip. These procedures will prevent milk from adhering to the wand, which can cause health and functional issues if it is not removed.
- It is also recommended that the drain tray grill be removed nightly and cleaned thoroughly.
- To maintain the cleanliness of your portafilters and filter baskets, these components should be soaked in a solution of hot water and backflush cleaner on a weekly basis.
- The shower screen in each grouphead should also be removed and soaked weekly in the aforementioned cleaning solution.
- It is recommended that you remove the tip from your frothing wand and soak it with the other parts on a weekly basis.
Parts to Keep on Hand
There are some extra parts that you may want to have on hand, as they do need to be replaced from time to time. These would include filter baskets, shower screens, and group gaskets.
This La Marzocco espresso machine will require a professional installation, which we can arrange for you at the time of purchase. Prior to installation, you will need to submit the following electrical and plumbing requirements (both found in the Installation Guidelines Diagram) to a general contractor, electrician, or plumber as well as your code enforcement officer to ensure the compliance of your facility with the needs of this espresso coffee maker. You may also want to go over this information with your electrician or contractor prior to purchase, as you will need to select your voltage and wattage preferences at the time of purchase.
Installation Guidelines Diagram
- Available voltage
- 200 volt
- 1 phase
- 3 phase
- 220 volt
- 1 phase
- 3 phase
- 380 volt, 3 phase only
- Available Wattage
- Standard - 4800
- High – 6100
- Circuit Breaker Requirements
- 50 amp
- Suggested NEMA Plug & Receptacle
- L6-50P; L6-50R
- Please note: Plug is NOT included with the machine.
- 5/8” Flexi Drainline
- 3/8” Braided Stainless Steel Cold Water Supply Line
- 3/8” Cold Water Supply
No reviews have been written for this product.