OverviewBack to Top
FeaturesBack to Top
With its two 4.4 lb hoppers and automatic grinding, dosing, and tamping, the La Marzocco Swift is a must-have for busy coffee shops where consistency and speed are top priorities.
Operating this La Marzocco grinder is very simple – if you can attach a portafilter to a brew group and press a button, you already know how to make it work. Since the Swift also doses and tamps for you, these factors are always impeccably consistent, which will also decrease the amount of time you’ll need to spend on training your employees to brew great espresso.
- The Swift’s two 4.4 lb hoppers help you keep 2 kinds of coffee ready-to-brew at any time.
- With its unique automatic design, this La Marzocco coffee grinder grinds, doses, and tamps coffee right into your portafilter, bringing unmatched consistency to your drinks.
- 2 programmable grinding buttons allow you to preset the amount of coffee that is ground for further consistency.
- The La Marzocco Swift features independent grind setting controls for each hopper.
- Flat plate ceramic burrs ensure a consistent grind and a long burr life.
- A grounds tray beneath the portafilter holder catches stray grounds to keep your counter clean.
- Designed for use with La Marzocco espresso machines, this coffee grinder accommodates 57mm portafilters.
- The La Marzocco Swift stands 25 ¾”H x 13 ¾”W x 14”D.
- This coffee grinder is NSF and UL approved for health department compliance.
Automatic Grinding, Dosing, and Tamping
The La Marzocco Swift coffee grinder takes the guesswork out of dosing and tamping for the perfect espresso shot. Just attach your portafilter to the machine –which is just like attaching it to your espresso machine’s brew group – and press one of the programmable grinding buttons. Then the Swift will automatically grind and dose the precise amount of coffee you’ve programmed it for and tamp it perfectly. This provides unbeatable consistency that is apparent in the quality of your drinks, which builds your employees’ confidence and makes your customers happy.
There are 2 grinding activation buttons on the front of the Swift – one to control grinding for each individual bean hopper. These buttons can be programmed so that when pressed, they grind and dose a precise amount of coffee for perfect consistency from shot to shot.
Grind Setting Adjustments
To customize the grind fineness for each type of coffee, each bean hopper has a grind adjustment dial on the panel in front of it. This allows you to make quick adjustments to compensate for changes in humidity and other conditions that affect coffee, as well as allowing you to “dial in” the grind for new roasts.
Easily fitting into any setting, this burr coffee grinder is available in both 110v and 220v models.
- The grounds tray will get full throughout the day, and should be emptied as needed.
- At the end of each day, it is recommended that you use a group brush or other soft-bristled brush to clean out the “group” where the portafilter attaches to the machine. This will help remove any grounds that may be stuck in this component.
- On a monthly basis, you should clean the grinding burrs in the La Marzocco Swift using a product like Urnex Grindz. These burr cleaning tablets simply get ground through the machine just like coffee beans, but they carry away any coffee articles or oil residues that may have accumulated.
- To keep the bean hoppers free of oil residue, you will want to remove them (when empty) and rinse them with warm, soapy water.
Installing the La Marzocco Swift is a do-it-yourself operation, which only requires finding an outlet to plug it into.
- 110 volt
- 220 volt
- Amperage - 15 amp
No reviews have been written for this product.