- Place the backflush disc in the portafilter, fill with the cleaning tablet and insert into the brew group.
- Activate the brewing process for about 20 seconds to build up the brewing pressure.
- Stop the brewing process, move the lever into middle position and let the cleaning tablet work for approx. 2 min.
- Move the lever into the lower position, this way, the fats and oils can be discharged by the infusion cylinder.
- Repeat this process up to 10 times for 30 seconds ea.
- Unclamp the portafilter and rinse thoroughly under water
- Insert the portafilter again and repeat the brewing process for several times to make sure all cleaning residue has dissolved
Thank you for the insructions on how to use the Profitec Brew Group Cleaning Tablets. How do you place the backflush disc in the portafilter? I recently purchase the Profitech 500 and it came with the backflush disc. The single and double portafilter has a filter disc that is snug. I have never removed either of the discs. Could you send directions or an instructional video on how to do this? Also, should the backflush disc be placed in the single or double portafilter when using the cleaning tablets?
Thanks for your post! I'm sorry, it's not something we have a video for yet, but I can definitely help! The double shot portafilter will work best-use the lip of the back flush disc (turn it upside down) to remove the filter basket. Just slide it in between the basket and the portafilter itself, tip your hand back, and it will pop right out. Then, insert the back flush disc and your tablet, and back-flush away!
No reviews have been written for this product.