OverviewBack to Top
Quick Mill's Vetrano semi-automatic, direct?connect, espresso machine is a professional home machine that is at the top of its class in all desirable features. It is a gleaming stainless steel machine, solidly built, good looking, easy to use and makes very good espresso. The quiet operation due to the rotary pump and thoughtful isolation of components will be one of the first things that will surprise you.
The Vetrano is directly connected to your water supply, eliminating the need for or hassle of a water reservoir. Plumbing can be quite simple. If you can hook up a refrigerator ice maker, you can hook up a direct connect espresso machine. The Vetrano comes with John Guest fittings that make connection to a water line literally a snap. You can also convert the drip tray from manual draining to plumbed using the optional drain kit with minimum hassle.
The over whelming list of features includes: heat exchanger, lever-operated E61 brew group, quiet rotary pump, plumbed water supply, (optionally) plumbed drip tray, gleaming SS exterior, solid construction, insulated boiler, dual manometer (boiler and brew pressure gauges), no-burn steam and hot water wands, vacuum breaker, standard 110V 15A electrical service, adjustable polished aluminum leveling legs, and more.
Heat Exchange Boiler
Consistency in temperature is essential to great espresso, and the Vetrano's large insulated 1.6-liter copper heat exchange boiler evenly regulates temperature, allowing you to brew espresso and steam milk simultaneously. The boiler's temperature is mediated by a pressure controller, which senses any drops in pressure and responds by kicking on the heating element. You can easily adjust the pressure controller as needed via the access port without removing the outer shell. A high-quality vacuum breaker enables you to put the machine on a timer with no vapor lock and, once it's up to temperature, it will brew continuously throughout the day.
The Low Water Cut Off feature uses aprecise magnetic sensor that will cut off power to the boiler's heating circuit, but not the pump. This will save you from a boiler burn-out, but also allow you to finish if you're in the middle of pulling a shot.
- Dual Manometer: A pressure controller senses the pressure in your boiler and then kicks on the heating element as the pressure drops. The dual manometer (pressure gauge) mounted on the front panel allows you to easily monitor brew and boiler pressure adjustments. Brew pressure is adjusted by turning a screw on the rotary pump; boiler pressure is adjusted by turning a screw on the pressure stat. Both adjustment screws are readily accessible when the machine shell is removed.
- Three Position Power Switch: left - power on for initial fill, center - power off, right - power on and heating.
- Three Indicator Lamps: The green lamp on the left lights up when power is on; the two on the right indicate boiler heating element status (red on, green off).
- Control Lever: A lever on the group head flips up to turn the pump on, and down to turn it off.
E-61 Brew Head - This commercial class E-61 brew group regulates temperature for brewing excellent espresso and features a thermal siphon design which stabilizes the brew group's temperature during periods of inactivity.
The Vetrano's simple lever controlled 3-way bypass brewing design features a pressure release valve so you'll end up with a dry coffee puck post-brew.
The Vetrano features materials and components usually only found in commercial machines. The Vetrano designers chose the best materials to optimize the performance and to extend the life of each component. This means you get a robust machine with long life expectancy and ease of maintenance. Internally the thoughtfulness of the design and craftsmanship is readily noticeable. Wire harnesses are carefully routed and tied off every few inches and the pump is isolated on the floor of the machine away from electrical junctions.
- Brass 58 mm Portafilters: Heavy chrome-plated brass portafilters provide you with excellent temperature stability and stand up to extensive use. ( one single and one double)
- Stainless Steel Body: The Vetrano features a heavy-duty, polished 304 stainless steel housing with a removable cup warmer, large capacity drip tray and drain grate. The outer shell is easy to remove for maintenance.
- No?burn Stainless Steel Steam & Hot Water Wands: Separate steam and hot water wands are outfitted with Teflon-lined tubes that effectively insulate the entire arm. Only the tips get hot. The 4-hole steam tip froths milk into microfoam for a cappuccino in 15-20 seconds.
- Insulated Copper Boiler: A large, insulated 1.6-liter copper boiler not only minimizes heating cycles but also protects other components inside the machine housing from excessive long term heat exposure. The insulation is carefully placed to allow just enough heat to escape for warming cups. It utilizes heat exchange functionality so you'll be able to simultaneously brew and steam. Its high-quality vacuum breaker will let you put the machine on a timer (with no vapor lock), so once it's up to temperature, it will brew all day long.
- Sirai Pressure Stat: The Sirai Commercial Pressure Stat is the most widely used commercial pressure stat on the market today. Sirai is known for its durability and dependability.
- Fluid-O-Tech Rotary Pump: A whisper quiet rotary pump. Fluid-O-TechRotary Vane Pumps are the standard on the majority of Italian made commercial espresso machines. Rotary pumps are larger, heavier, more powerful, quieter, longer lasting, and more expensive than vibratory pumps. For this reasons, virtually all commercial machines are outfitted with rotary pumps.
- Easy-to-use Steam and Hot Water Knobs
- Drip Tray Handle
- Easy access boiler drain
- Stainless steel blank for backflushing
- Commercial steam and hot water valves
- Large-capacity drip tray
- No-stick vacuum breaker valve
- Resettable Hi limit
- Automatic water level control
- 1,400 watt high-quality heating element
Dimensions and Specifications
Width: 11 ¼”
Depth: 17 ¾”
Height: 15 ¾”
Wattage: 1400 watts
Voltage: 110 volts
Amperage requirement: 15 amps
Boiler capacity: 1.6 liter
Net Weight: 60 lbs.
Three Filter Baskets: Includes a basket set with a single shot, double shot and blank shot for backflushing.
Drain Kit: Add a drain kit to your Vetrano and you'll never have to worry about emptying a drip tray again.
Joysticks: Upgradable Multi-Directional Joystick Steam and Hot Water Assemblies.
No reviews have been written for this product.
SpecsBack to Top
|Dimension - Width (Inches):||11.25|
|Dimension - Height (Inches):||15.75|
|Dimension - Depth (Inches):||17.75|
|Housing Materials:||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Cover Material:||Stainless Steel|
|Drip Tray Capacity (Oz):||50|
|Steam Wand Style:||Commercial Style|
|Number Of Holes:||4|
|No Burn Wand:||Yes|
|Reservoir Or Plumbed:||Reservoir|
|Reservoir Capacity (Oz):||78|
|Type Of Controls:||Lever|
|Low Water Warning:||Yes|
|Pressure Gauges:||Brew and Steam|
|Size (Inches):||10 x 9|
|Passive / Active:||passive|
|Material:||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Commercial Filter Baskets Included:||Single & Double|
|Bottomless Portafilter Available:||Yes|
|Tamper Size (Millimeter):||58|
|Material:||Chrome Plated Brass|
|Back Flush Capable:||Yes|
|Number Of Boilers:||1|
|Brew And Steam Simultaneously:||Yes|
|Brew Boiler Data|
|Brew Boiler Type:||Heat Exchanger|
|Brew Boiler Watts:||1500|
|Brew boiler Volume (Oz):||1.8 Liter|
|Brew Boiler Material:||Copper|
|Brew Boiler Orientation:||Vertical|
|Brew Boiler Heater Location:||Internal|
|Brew Boiler Auto Fill:||Yes|
|Steam Boiler Data|
|Steam Boiler Type:||One Boiler for the Brew and Steam|
|Maximum Pressure (Bar):||No|
|Brew Pressure Adjustability:||Yes|
|Self Priming Pump:||8 to 9 Bar|
|Recommended Heat Up Time (Seconds):||900|
|Hot Water Recovery Time (Seconds):||0|
|Sound Level - Grinding (Db):||No|
|Back Flush Cleaner Used:||Cafiza|
|Country Of Manufacture:||Italy|
|Recommended Applications:||Home / Commercial|
|Repairs By:||Whole Latte Love|