Cleaning & Maintenance Answers
To replace the group gasket on a Pasquini Livia 90, please follow the instructions below:
1. Unplug the machine, making sure it has completely cooled.
2. Remove the reservoir, drip tray and drip pan.
3. Use a short flat-head screwdriver to remove the screw that holds the shower screen in (if you damage the shower screen and/or screw, we have replacements available and they are not too expensive).
4. Once the shower screen is removed, the shower holding plate (metal disk) will come out as well.
5. Now locate the group gasket. It is a black rubber ring. You need to pry out the rubber gasket. It should easily come out. If it does, skip to step 8.
6. If the rubber gasket is difficult to remove by hand, find a couple of screws that you might have lying around. They do not have to be any special size, but a sheet metal screw with a 5/16-inch or 1/4-inch six sided head and a ratchet works best. Screw them into the old gasket. Make sure that they are across from each other. Note: Do not screw them in completely through the gasketjust screw them in far enough to get a good grip. You can judge this by looking at the new gasket you are going to install. The gasket depth is about 5/16-inch.
7. Use pliers to pull on the screws and work the old gasket out. Pull one side and then the other until it comes out.
8. At this point, it is a good idea to clean the shower screen and group head. DO NOT use a pin to clean out the holes in the shower screen. It can cause future clogs because it will enlarge the small holes.
9. Clean and dry the slot in the machine that the gasket fits into.
10. Slide a new gasket into place. Please note: The new gasket will have a flat side and a beveled side. The flat side points towards the top of the machine, the beveled side points downwards towards the portafilter!
11. Replace the Shower Holding Plate and Shower Screen.
12. Install the drip pan, drip tray and water reservoir.
Fill the reservoir and plug the machine in and your machine should be ready to brew again.
If you need parts or further assistance, please contact us at 1-888-411-5282.