Things I like about this machine:
- Ability to brew and steam simultaneously: The Livetta allows you to brew espresso and steam milk simultaneously by using two thermal block boilers (one boiler for brewing and one for steaming) and two pumps. This feature is great when you want to make milk-based drinks fast.
- Size of the machine: The Livetta offers commercial quality in one of the most compact home use espresso machines. It measures only 12.5” tall, allowing for plenty of room to place taller cups on the cup warmer.
- Portafilter: The heavy duty brass chrome-plated portafilter stays hot and prevents heat loss from your espresso during the brewing cycle.
- Rocker Switches: The Livietta uses large heavy duty rocker switches to control brewing and steaming. Rocker switches typically last a very long time.
- Construction: The construction of the Livietta, from the stainless steel housing, down to the metal welded base is of a good quality. In addition this machine looks magnificent in kitchens with stainless steel appliances.
Things I Would Change:
- Drip Tray: The drip tray is a little shallow in depth for a machine that uses 2 three-way solenoid valves
- Reservoir: The reservoir holds only 57 ounces of water that may require filling more often if you are steaming a lot (like when entertaining).
Who I Would Recommend This For:
Because of the double boiler you can brew and steam at the same time which makes this machine great for people that want their milk-based drinks fast. This machine is also great for light entertaining for 4-6 guests. Overall, it's a very good machine both in quality of build and performance.