Today there's definitely some cause for celebration; it's National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! Now, as much as we love chocolate here at Whole Latte Love, we love chocolate and coffee even more. So, in honor of this delicious day, we've got a recipe for you that combines the best of both worlds.
For the Mocha Shake You're Going to Need:
- 1 cup of strong chilled coffee
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 3 cups of vanilla ice cream (If you use chocolate we won't tell anyone)
- 3 tbsp of Ghirardelli Barista's Choice Chocolate sauce
- 1 dash of salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- a blender
Let's Make Something Yummy!
- Start by adding your coffee, milk, sugar, and salt to the blender and mix thoroughly. It's important to remember to use chilled coffee; otherwise it can negatively impact the consistency of your drink.
- Next, add ice cream and syrup and blend until smooth.
- If you really feel like indulging, add a swirl of whipped cream to the top. Drizzle with chocolate, and enjoy!