Bananas are a common smoothie ingredient, but have you tried adding espresso? This smoothie gives just the right amount of caffeine mixed with classic smoothie ingredients, making it a delicious and nutritious drink. If you’re looking to cool off with something a bit more substantial to start your morning, look no further than our Espresso Banana Smoothie recipe!
- 8oz almond milk
- 1 shot (or two) of espresso
- 1 banana
- 5oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2tsp honey
- Optional: 1tsp cocoa powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of ice
- Brew your espresso shot(s), and set aside. Place the remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Blend all ingredients, including your shot(s) until smooth.
- If too thick, add a splash of almond milk. If too thin, add some more ice and blend.
This quick and easy recipe is one of our favorites! The Espresso Banana Smoothie is a healthier version of the classic frappe, although you can add some chocolate syrup, whipped cream, or any other toppings you’d like. It’s the best way to start your morning - with a cold, tasty and caffeinated treat to help you get through the day!
Are you planning on making this delicious drink, or have you made it already and want to share your thoughts? Let us know on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook! We also recommend checking out our blog catalog, support center, and YouTube channel, in addition to signing up for email newsletter and text alert notifications.