Morgan uses the Espro French Press to make Ginger Coffee.
This was inspired by one of our viewers, Dian Ika Rusita, from Indonesia who sent us the following recipe:
- 150 gram Palm Sugar
- 20 cm Fresh Gingers ( or 100 gram of Fresh Gingers)
- 2 Sticks of Cinnamons ( you can also use powder, put 1 tsp)
- 500 ml water
- Blended Coffee (put 2tsp blended coffee for each cup)
1. Roast ginger on hot coals until lightly browned.
2. Lift ginger that has been roasted and peel clean of residual embers then crush.
3. Boil ginger with water and other ingredients over low heat,( this will help you make a very flavorful ginger) for at least 10 minutes. For a stronger flavor, allow to boil for 20 minutes or more, and use more slices of ginger.
4.Continue to cook until the water boils down 1/4 of the way then remove from heat.
5. Strain and add 2tsp coffee powder in each cup 6. Pour into those cups and serve hot.