You don’t need to break the bank to get café-quality beverages. In fact, the coffee and espresso market is saturated with tons of machines under $1,000 that will brew your morning espresso to your liking. However, we chose our top espresso machines under $1,000 that we think you’ll really love.
Gaggia Classic Evo Pro
We can’t say enough great things about this wonderful semi-automatic machine. This tricked out version of the Gaggia Classic Pro features both official Gaggia wooden accessories and precision brewing equipment like a 18g nanotech basket from Baristapro and an IMS Gaggia Classic Shower Screen. The resulting product is an entry-level barista friendly and affordable espresso machine that continues to get raving reviews from satisfied customers.
Some of the top qualities you’ll find in the Classic Evo Pro are:
- 3-way Solenoid Valve — This impressive feature dries out the after extraction to avoid a soupy mess when knocking out the puck. The puck comes out in one piece and makes cleaning up your space after brewing coffee a breeze.
- Commercial Brew Group — Not only is the Gaggia Classic Evo Pro a great machine for entry-level users to get the best bang for their buck, but it’s also equipped with a commercial style polished steel 58mm portafilter and a polished steel group cover and brass brew group.
- Prosumer OPV — The Evo Pro features a new update to the OPV that improves extractions by brewing at 9 bar of pressure.
- Made in Italy — You know exactly what you’re getting, where it’s coming from and have complete trust and confidence that Gaggia is producing a high-quality machine with their in-house experts.
The Profitec GO is one of the most exciting new entries to our lineup of premium entry level espresso machines within the last few years. The first non-E61 single-boiler espresso machine from ECM/Profitec to feature PID boiler control, the GO lives up to its pedigree as an excellent espresso machine.
Here are some great qualities in the Profitec GO that we love:
- The Boiler & PID - The boiler on the Profitec GO is made of eco-brass and has a considerable volume of .4 Liters. Not only that, but you can adjust brew and steam temperature via the PID controller which doubles as a shot timer.
- Commercial Steam Wand - The Profitec GO has the same commercial steam wand as the ECM Casa V. Fully articulated and insulated, the wand is perfect for frothing milk to any desired texture.
- Temperature Stability - The combination of the brass and PID control in the boiler give the Profitec GO some of the most stable temperature control for single-boiler machines.
Bezzera New Hobby
We recently received the Bezzera New Hobby at Whole Latte Love and the first thing we had to mention about the machine was the incredible steam power, the 3-way solenoid valve, and the 3-liter water reservoir. Let’s talk more about these features.
- Steam Power - Not only is the steam wand among the most powerful for machines under $1,000 however it has a two-hole steam tip to give you that airy milk foam perfect for crafting lattes and cappuccinos.
- 3-way Solenoid Valve - No one likes brewing the perfect shot of espresso and when it comes to knocking out the puck, it’s a difficult, soppy mess. The 3-way solenoid valve on the Bezzera Hobby dries out the puck after brewing, draining the excess water into the drip tray.
- 3-liter Water Reservoir - Most machines in this range are equipped with a 2-liter water reservoir, the New Hobby gives you an extra liter of water so you can hold more water and won’t have to refill the reservoir as often.
Gaggia Magenta Plus
The Gaggia Magenta Plus is the perfect amount of barista for someone whose time is a priority but still wants to brew premium quality espresso beverages. By using this machine, authentic espresso is simplified, all while offering users full control over milk frothing.
Each drink made with the Gaggia Magenta Plus can be customized to your desired temperature, brew strength, and volume. You can also choose to brew with pre-ground coffee using the bypass doser, or make two drinks consecutively when selecting the espresso, espresso lungo, or coffee options. A commercial steam wand puts authentic milk-based drinks at your fingertips, making perfectly frothed and textured milk for cappuccinos, lattes, and more. The machine also comes with a full color display with icons that make additional programming a breeze.
If space is a concern for you, no worries. The Gaggia Brera Espresso Machine is a capable and compact machine that delivers on performance. At just 10” wide and 12.4” tall, you’ll have no problem fitting this machine on your counter.
With stainless steel accents, the Gaggia Brerea Espresso Machine is a chic addition to any kitchen. The simple icon-based display makes the Brera easy to understand and operate, with buttons dedicated for espresso and long coffee, as well as a power button and coffee strength selector. Another way to adjust coffee strength is with the Gaggia Adapting System, which uses algorithmic learning to self-adjust coffee grinding time. A pannarello steam wand makes frothing milk easy for cappuccinos, lattes, and more. The Brera can also dispense hot water through the steam wand for tea.
Regardless of where you find yourself when it comes to your home espresso preferences, if you're looking to keep your budget modest there are a lot of terrific items to choose from. If you need more help picking out a machine that's the right fit for you, you can always give us a call or book a Coffee Cast!