When you think of fall coffee drinks, the first thing that probably comes to mind is anything with pumpkin in it. However, one of my favorite staples of the fall are any recipes with apples.
This recipe may seem strange at first glance, but once you brew it you’ll discover that this delicious spiced drink tastes like fall in a cup.
Apple Pie Syrup
Before you can make your actual latte, the first thing you need to do is make your Apple Pie Syrup. This syrup is easy to make and will stay in your fridge for 2-3 weeks after you make it. You can use this syrup in other drinks as well aside from lattes, though that’s my personal favorite way to incorporate it.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain into an airtight container to remove the cinnamon stick.
- Refrigerate until fully chilled.
- Use in your favorite drinks!
Apple Pie Latte
This delicious drink is the perfect way to introduce your tastebuds to the taste of fall. Whether you’re enjoying it hot or iced, the flavor is delicious and the recipe is simple enough that you won’t have to take any extra time on busy mornings.
- A double shot of espresso (I brewed with Whole Latte Love’s Crema Wave)
- 6 oz of whole milk
- Apple pie syrup to taste (I used about a tablespoon)
- Ice (if making the iced version)
Directions for a Hot Latte:
- Pull your espresso shot and pour it into your mug.
- Add your Apple Pie Syrup to your espresso and stir to combine.
- Steam your milk and immediately pour into your mug.
Directions for an Iced Latte
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add in the Apple Pie Syrup.
- Pull your espresso shot and pour it into the cocktail shaker. Shake until combined and chilled, then strain the espresso and syrup into a glass filled with fresh ice.
- Rinse the cocktail shaker and add in your milk as well as a splash of apple pie syrup. Shake until the milk is frothy, then strain into the glass holding your espresso.
This delicious recipe is the perfect way to get into the autumnal spirit. The apple flavor isn’t very noticeable, but the spices add a unique touch to the drink that will make you feel like you’re sipping at this season.