As you can tell, most of us are avid coffee drinkers here. I enjoy experimenting with new ideas and finding great flavor combinations. The most recent recipe that I have stumbled on is for cappuccino muffins. They go great with the morning coffee and also make an enjoyable after-dinner desert. You’ll find the recipe below, please let me know what you think.
Serving size is approximately 12 regular-sized muffins or about 48 mini-muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini-chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees° F.
- Line muffin tins with papers or grease liberally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set this flour mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine and mix milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Combine and stir this milk mixture into the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes for standard muffins, 10 to 12 minutes for mini-muffins.