The weekend is usually a time to kick back and relax, but, if you're like me, it's also a perfect opportunity to experiment with some new recipes! As the dog days of summer close in, cool off with a refreshing caramel frappe, or liven up your nights this weekend with an espresso martini!
You can find frappes almost everywhere these days, but nothing beats the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 2 Cups of Ice
- 1 Shot of Chilled Espresso
- 2/3 of a Cup of Milk
- ¼ of a Cup of Ghirardelli Creamy Caramel Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Of Sugar
- Whipped Cream
Combine your ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with a swirl of whipped cream, and drizzle with caramel for an icy treat to beat the heat!
Our next recipe comes from Whole Latte Love's very own Dan Moraldo. Coffee really does mix well with just about anything, so a martini is an excellent choice!
- 1.5 oz of Chilled Espresso
- 1.5 oz of Stolichnaya Coffee Vodka
- 1 oz of Godiva Mocha Liqueur
- 3 Coffee Beans
When you make this drink, you're going to want to do a few things ahead of time:
- First brew your coffee and chill it. Using freshly brewed espresso will melt your ice and dilute your drink.
- For further temperature stability, chill your martini glass as well, sticking it in the fridge or the freezer will do just fine.
Combine the espresso, vodka, and liqueur with the ice and shake vigorously. When they're fully mixed, strain into your chilled glass. As a finishing touch, add three coffee beans (one for health, one for wealth, and one for happiness) and enjoy!