Horchata is a delicious drink that originated in Spain but was brought to the Americas by early explorers. This spiced and delicious drink is perfect to enjoy hot or iced, so whatever temperature of drink you’re in the mood for, these drinks can meet your needs!
We’ve included a recipe for coconut horchata, but this recipe can also be made using rice-based horchata or a store-bought option.
Coconut Horchata (Horchata de Coco)
- 1 Coconut (or 3-4 cups shredded coconut)
- 2 Cups Coconut Water
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Water
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Add the coconut meat or flakes to a blender with half of each of the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add to a pitcher with the remaining half of the ingredients and mix well.
- For a smooth consistency, strain the resulting mixture and add back to the pitcher.
- Serve cold.
- 8oz of freshly brewed coffee (we recommend Whole Latte Love’s Crema Wave)
- 1/4 cup of coconut (or rice-based) horchata
- Pinch of ground cinnamon for garnish
- Prepare your coffee using your desired method (we used the Espro P3 French Press).
- Pour your freshly brewed coffee into a mug
- Add your horchata and stir.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy!
Iced Horchata Latte
- 1 cup of cold coconut (or rice-based) horchata
- 1 shot of espresso (or a double shot if you prefer)
- 1 cup of ice
- Cinnamon (for garnish)
- Pull your shot of espresso.
- Fill a glass with ice and add your horchata.
- Pour over your shot of espresso and mix.
Did you try out any of these recipes? Post it on Facebook or Instagram and tag us to let us know! And make sure to stay up to date with new recipes, promotions, giveaways, and more by following our Twitter and YouTube and signing up for our email newsletter and text alerts.