Franke Evolution 2-Step Espresso Machine
Looking for something?
It looks like you've found one of our old product listings! It had a good run and is enjoying some well deserved rest. Instead, we've put together some excellent alternatives below for your consideration.
Need any help? Talk to one of our experts: 585-924-7170
For baristas who prefer the speed and consistency of a fully automatic brewing center along with the precision of manual steaming and frothing, the Franke Evolution 2-Step is the perfect fit. Capable of brewing 90 double shots of espresso per hour, this machine is popular in cafes, casual and fine restaurants and hotels. Plus, the Evolution comes with free installation and training from certified technicians, as well as a comprehensive 1-Year Preventative Maintenance Program to replace worn parts and extend the life of your machine.
As its name implies, this Franke espresso machine can make a cappuccino or latte in just 2 easy steps. Step 1 is as simple as pressing a brew button for a single or double shot, and for step 2, just press the Autosteam button to activate the frothing wand. Since the Evolution 2-step brews at the touch of a button, even the most inexperienced users can make a cup of great espresso. However, learning the nuances of proper brewing, steaming, and frothing will necessitate more in depth training and practice regimens.
- The Evolution 2-Step comes with a stainless steel heat exchanger boiler to provide stable temperatures for high-volume brewing and steaming.
- The Evolution 2-Step grinds, tamps and brews automatically at the press of a button, making it fast and simple for users of any skill level.
- With a multi-directional stainless steel frothing wand and an independent hot water dispenser, this Franke espresso machine gives baristas the ability to make the very best cappuccinos, lattes and americanos.
- The Evolution features 2 low-noise, precision burr grinders built to meet the challenges of constant use.
- All Franke Evolutions connect directly to a water line for continuous brewing without refilling.
- This Franke espresso machine features 6 multi-functional buttons capable of programming a variety of settings for fast, 1-touch brewing.
- The Evolution features a large brewing area with an adjustable spout that can brew into cups as tall as 6”.
- With the purchase of the Evolution 2-Step, you will receive free professional installation, start-up training, and a 1-Year Preventative Maintenance Program.
- NSF and UL approvals ensure compliance with health regulations.
- 31”H x 13”W x 24”D
The Evolution 2-step features an Autosteam system with an independent steam wand for precise and efficient frothing and steaming. Austosteam provides optimal steaming and frothing consistency, with a built-in temperature probe to automatically shut down when your milk reaches 160oF. The pivoting stainless steel frother will live up to the expectations of even the most experienced barista, but is easy enough to operate for novices.
6 dual functioning programmable buttons make this Franke espresso machine capable of producing any number of different coffee products. Accessing each button’s additional function is as simple as pressing the “shift” button, and the Evolution features an illuminated LCD that boldly displays each operation. Plus, Franke’s chip-card technology safeguards against data errors and allows the machine’s optimal settings to be restored at any time.
Grinder Capacity/Grind Settings
2 heavy-duty precision burr grinders provide nonstop performance, and with each hopper capable of holding 2.8 lbs of coffee, the Evolution can brew at its highest output without constant refills. Each hopper is made of strong, see-through plastic so users can check bean levels without disrupting operation.
Like our other Franke espresso machines, the Evolution 2-step features a stainless steel cup warmer to maximize temperature stability for each drink.
The Evolution 2-Step Standard comes with a 220v plug.
- The Evolution 2-step not only brews automatically, but also cleans automatically. The intelligent LCD will prompt users when cleaning cycles are necessary, and by following the integrated automatic rinsing and cleaning program, you’ll ensure each shot always tastes great.
- At the end of each day, it is important to clean brew group and other brewing components should be cleaned using Urnex Cafiza tablets.
- The majority of periodic maintenance should be carried out by trained technicians. As outlined below, all major maintenance to keep your machine running in top shape can be covered by the Prevenative Maintenance plan.
1-Year Preventative Maintenance Program
The Franke Evolution 2-Step comes with a 1-Year Preventative Maintenance Program featuring 3 visits by certified technicians that include the following:
- Lubrication & adjustment
- Replacement of o-rings
- Water conditioning system cartridge replacement
- Rubber spring replacement.
- Cleaning inside and out.
- Price does not include any additional parts that may be required or extend warranty.
Professional installation by certified technicians and start-up training come free with the purchase of the Evolution 2-Step and can be scheduled at the time of purchase. This will ensure that your warranty will not be jeopardized by improper installation and that your machine in top shape for years to come. You may also want to consult with your plumber or contractor, as well as your code enforcement officer, on the following installation guidelines at the time of purchase. The Evolution must be plugged into a compatible 220v outlet, and the included refrigerator requires a 110v outlet.
- Available voltage
- 220 volt
- Circuit Breaker Requirements
- 30 amp
- Suggested NEMA Receptacle
- 3/8” Flexi Drainline
- 3/8” Braided Stainless Steel Cold Water Supply Line
- 3/8” Cold Water Supply
You may also like
We're Here to Help!
Support CenterVisit Our Support Center
Couldn’t find the answer that you were looking for? Our team of caffeinated experts are here to help.
Looking for Parts?Shop Parts
Interested in upgrading or replacing a part on your machine? Browse our selection and contact our expert team with any questions.
Video ChannelVisit Our Youtube Channel
Do you want more information on products, unique experiments, and coffee tips? Our YouTube channel has all of the in-depth videos you’re looking for.
On the BlogVisit our Blogs
Looking for hands-on reviews, recipe ideas, and tech tips? Check out our blog for articles on all that and more.