Complete your Set-Up with the BWT Bestmax Premium V Filter Cartridge
BWT's Bestmax Premium filter cartridge is an all-in-one water filtration solution. Outstandingly suited for the filtration of water for hot beverages like coffee, espresso, the Bestmax Premium is a modular multi-stage filter that uses patented BWT Mg2+ technology. This unique feature mineralises the filtered water with magnesium, a known flavor enhancer that may be lost using other filtration methods. The Bestmax Premium uses the five layer filtration process detailed below:
- Particle Pre-Filter - Separation of coarse particles such as sand and rust.
- Activated Carbon Pre-Filter - Elimination of oxidants, protection of the ion exchanger against aging.
- High-performance Ion Exchanger - Removal of hardening substances, adjustment of mineral balance.
- Activated Carbon Nonwoven - Elimination of organic substances, chlorine, foreign odor and foreign taste.
- Particle Fine Filter - Separation of fine particles and suspended matter.
The Bestmax Premium Filter also reduces scale buildup within espresso machines and coffee systems, dramatically reducing the need for descaling. However, we still recommend semi-regular descaling to protect the longevity of your machine.
Depending on the hardness of your water, the total capacity of your filter will vary.
The capacities below are approximations for a filter used for an espresso machine.
- Max Capacity: 49.98 ppm / 7 °DTH (degrees total hardness) Water at bypass setting 3 - 2,570 Liters
- Min Capacity: 178.5 ppm / 25+ °DTH (degrees total hardness) Water at bypass setting 1 - 585 Liters
Please Note: Regardless of the total water volume run through the cartridge, BWT recommends replacing your filter after a maximum of 12 months of use.