Making it with MaryAnn
Breakfast and coffee go so well together! I am going to share a delightful recipe that I like to make if I have company staying over, or when I have to bring something tasty to a brunch. I have a banana bread that tastes great on its own and even better when you add coffee to it!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup brewed strong coffee (I used Lavazza Gran Riserva Filtro)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped toffee
Here’s how it’s done:
- As your oven preheats to 350 degrees, begin mixing all of the ingredients together. You will want a large mixing bowl to combine the brown sugar, olive oil, eggs, vanilla extract, bananas, and coffee; mix thoroughly.
- Once the wet ingredients are mixed you can add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, mixing thoroughly again. Lastly, add in the chopped toffee.
- Spray a bread pan with a non-stick spray and pour in your bread batter. All that’s left is to toss it in the oven!
- Your bake time will be about 50 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean (without banana batter).
- You can sprinkle your favorite topping on top for a bit of flare and flavor, I like to use powdered sugar. Let your delicious bread cool down and as always, enjoy with a nice hot cup of coffee!