Put your culinary skills to work with this mouth-watering dessert recipe by Cooking Light for Espresso Crepes. Topped with ice cream and dark chocolate sauce, who can resist?!
Ingredients for the Filling
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 Espresso Crepes (see below)
- 2 cups coffee ice cream
Combine half-and-half and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan, stirring frequently (do not boil). Remove from heat. Add chocolate; stir until smooth.
Fold each crepe in half; fold in half again. Place 1 crepe on each of 8 plates. Top each serving with 1/4 cup coffee ice cream; drizzle with 4 teaspoons sauce.
Ingredients for Espresso Crepes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ts. instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, espresso powder, and salt in a small bowl. Combine milk, water, melted butter, and eggs in a blender. Add the flour mixture to milk mixture, and process until smooth. Cover batter; chill for 1 hour.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick crepe pan or skillet over medium heat. Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan with a thin film. Cook about 1 minute. Carefully lift the edge of the crepe with a spatula to test for doneness. The crepe is ready to turn when it can be shaken loose from the pan and the underside is lightly browned. Turn crepe over, and cook for 30 seconds or until center is set.
- Place crepe on a towel; cool completely. Repeat procedure with the remaining batter, stirring batter between crepes. Stack crepes between single layers of wax paper to prevent sticking.
Yield: 13 crepes (serving size: 1 crepe)