Making it With MaryAnn
Once again I was searching for a recipe with my favorite ingredient… That is correct, COFFEE! I stumbled on this tasty dinner idea, pork chops with homemade coffee seasoning:
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup bold brewed coffee
- 6 ounces molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 6 ounce pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
First mix the honey, sugars and water together. This will create a molasses like mixture that will taste excellent with a robust coffee like the Kimbo Extreme Blend.
Combine the mixture with the rest of the ingredients and transfer to a container to marinate the meat for three hours.
Place on a grill until the chops get to 145 degrees. Enjoy!