With spring in the air, it's time to break out the grill and enjoy the weather. This year, the coffee's not just for drinking; it's time to think outside the cup. Check out these creative recipes; they're sure to have your guests buzzing.
Simple Coffee Chicken BBQ Rub
- 2 tablespoon of coffee
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Mix all the ingredients together and rub the mixture onto the chicken pieces. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Grill the marinated chicken over indirect heat.
Pork Java Rub
- 1/3 of a cup of coffee grounds (medium grind)--use pre-ground coffee or grind your own whole bean
- 2 table spoons of brown sugar
- 2 table spoons of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
Carefully mix all the ingredients together and apply to your favorite cut of pork. Make sure you pat the mixture well into the meat before grilling or smoking.