Well we all know winter is here, right? And with the exception of some states in the south and southwest, we are all feeling the chill. Not too fun, is it? Well, the natural solution would be to cuddle up to a warm cup of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa. But what do you do when your espresso machine stops heating like it used to? (Panic not being an option!)
Enter the experts.
If you own a semi-automatic espresso machine of the Gaggia, Saeco, or Rancilio variety, you will want to do the following to determine if a thermostat, fuse, or (gulp!) repair is needed:
Turn on the power and wait 5 minutes. Does your machine heat up? * If the answer is YES, but it won't heat up for steam, please call our technical department to order a brew thermostat.
* If the answer is NO then press the steam button and wait 5 more minutes. If it still won't heat, then you will need to replace the thermal fuse (on a Gaggia or Saeco machine). Or, if you own a Rancilio Silvia, you will need to reset the high limit switch.
* If the machine is smoking, tripping your GFI (Ground Fault Interrupter), or dispensing ufos--unidentifiable floatable objects-- then you will want to call us to have a repair initiated. (Info is below, if needed)
* If your machine is not heating or pumping, please check the water level in your reservoir. If low, refill to restore the heat and pump functions.
* If the machine pumps just fine, but won't heat or produce steam, you also need to reset your high limit switch.
Your machines will grind the coffee for you at a touch of a button. Unfortunately, since the technology is a bit more sophisticated, opening up your machine is not an option. Possible causes of low or no heat are below:
* Low water level in the reservoir. Refilling the water reservoir usually does the trick!
* Priming needed. (As simple as running water through your steam wand!)
* If the temperature is just a bit low, try running a rinse cycle through the coffee spouts, preheated parts are always key! If your machine is primed and the water reservoir is full, but you are still unable to get heat, then the resolution would be to contact us so we can service the machine and get you back on track!
To order the parts or to receive instructions, please feel free to call or e-mail us. So, any questions yet? If so, we are here for you, whether it's hot or cold inside or out. Then again, we prefer hot!
1-888-411-5282 option 3
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (ET)