BWT Bestprotect V Water Filter Cartridge
Request a Price Match:
Show us a lower price and we’ll match it!
Free shipping on all orders over $50 or more.
The best service with the best selection of products.
Your BWT Bestprotect V Water Filter Cartridge
BWT Bestprotect V Water Filter, Single Cartridge Overview
Please Note: If your water's total hardness is double its alkalinity or higher, we recommend using the BWT Bestprotect filter cartridge with your espresso machine.
The BWT Bestprotect filter solution goes a long way to ensure your machine lasts longer and produces noticeably better espresso. This 5-stage filtration system not only prevents the formation of unwanted minerals like limescale and gypsum, but also ensures a consistently high pH value to minimize the risk of corrosion. This protects your machine from the buildup of excess deposits and prevents problems on stainless steel parts.
Additionally, Bestprotect utilizes activated charcoal fleece to deliver crystal-clear water with characteristics conducive to producing high-quality hot beverages. It is also well suited for generating steam in combination steamers, steam cookers and ovens.
Each Bestprotect filter cartridge is easy to install thanks to the incorporation of the universal BWT Besthead FLEX filter head, as well as an easy-to-handle and space-saving design.
The Bestprotect V Water Filter measures at a height of 16.55 inches (420mm) without bracket, 17.52 inches (445mm) with bracket, and a connection height of 14.41 inches (366mm).
The BWT Bestprotect uses the five layer filtration process detailed below:
- Particle Pre-Filter - Separation of coarse particles such as sand and rust.
- Activated Carbon Pre-Filter with Silver - Elimination of oxidants, protection of the ion exchanger against aging.
- High-performance Ion Exchanger - Removal of hardening substances, adjustment of mineral balance.
- Activated Carbon Nonwoven - Elimination of organic substances, chlorine, foreign odor and foreign taste.
- Particle Fine Filter - Separation of fine particles and suspended matter.
Depending on the hardness of your water, the total capacity of your filter will vary. The capacities below are approximations for a filter used for an espresso machine.
- Max Capacity: 49.98 ppm / 7 °DTH (degrees total hardness) Water at bypass setting 3 - 2,140 Liters
- Min Capacity: 178.5 ppm / 25+ °DTH (degrees total hardness) Water at bypass setting 1 - 556 Liters
We're Here to Help!
Support CenterVisit Our Support Center
Couldn’t find the answer that you were looking for? Our team of caffeinated experts are here to help.
Looking for Parts?Shop Parts
Interested in upgrading or replacing a part on your machine? Browse our selection and contact our expert team with any questions.
Video ChannelVisit Our Youtube Channel
Do you want more information on products, unique experiments, and coffee tips? Our YouTube channel has all of the in-depth videos you’re looking for.
On the BlogVisit our Blogs
Looking for hands-on reviews, recipe ideas, and tech tips? Check out our blog for articles on all that and more.