BT Wedge Espresso Preparation Distribution Tool Overview
Please Note: this product comes with the $20 Bachman AccuDrive system pre-installed.
Enjoy consistency and style with the American-made Saint Anthony Industries BT Wedge Coffee Distribution Tool in Teflon Blue. Made in the Saint Anthony workshop, you can expect reliability and professional craftsmanship. The BT Wedge Espresso Preparation Distribution Tool is entirely coated in a durable, industrial grade teflon. The teflon keeps your tool clean by repelling grime, thanks to its non-wetting, naturally oleophobic (oils) and hydrophobic (water) properties. In other words, the teflon acts as a non-stick coating, repelling grime, oils, grounds, and fingerprints off your tools for extended durability.
The BT Wedge Espresso Preparation Distribution Tool makes consistent brewing easy! Simply determine your shot’s dose, whether that be 16g or 18g, and then adjust the tool’s depth accordingly. The BT Wedge has a diameter that is an extra .3mm thicker, meaning it has less space in the basket and will distribute more evenly.
Fits 58mm Portafilter Baskets
Minimum Tamping Depth 5mm / Maximum Tamping Depth 14mm
How to Use the BT Wedge Espresso Preparation Distribution Tool:
- Determine your dose (weight) first — either 16g, 18g, etc — so you can adjust the tamping depth accordingly.
- Grasp and unscrew the handle on top while holding the center spacer.
- Zero out the tool by holding the middle and loosen the top. Then screw the base of the tool into the unit until you can't move it any more.
- From there, turn the tool to whatever number you choose. Each full cycle counts up. So to get to 12, do one full cycle through ten and then stop at two.
- To secure the size, tighten the top!